A Dog Sleeping Bag Brings Comfort and Security Anywhere You Go
If you go camping or you travel with your dog then a dog sleeping bag may be the perfect product for you. They’re similar to the sleeping bag you’d use and are created from the same materials but are designed with a dog’s comfort in mind. Let’s take a look at the top reasons to buy sleeping bags for dogs.
Keep an Eye on Your Dog
You bring your dog traveling because you want their companionship and you want them to have the adventure of a lifetime – not because you want to spend all night searching for them. When a dog has a sleeping bag to call its own you’ll always know where they’re at.
Dog Sleeping Bags are Very Versatile
While you may use your dog sleeping bag most when you’re traveling or camping, they’re actually useful in a number of situations:
- Giving your dog a secure place to be when you have guests in your home.
- Providing comfort for dogs who get nervous during storms or other loud occurrences.
- Keeping older dogs warm on cold nights.
Sleeping Bags for Dogs are Convenient
If your dog sleeps on your bed, the couch, or a dog bed at home they’re not going to want to sleep on the ground when you’re traveling or camping but dog beds are big, bulky, and difficult to transport. Sleeping bags can be rolled up, aren’t awkward to carry, and are lightweight.
Dog Sleeping Bags are Built to Last
Dog sleeping bags are made to be water resistant and to stand the test of time. Just like your sleeping bag, they will last for years to come.
Your Dog Will Stay Covered All Night Long
If your dog is a restless sleeper they’re likely to knock off any blanket you try to cover them with. On the other hand, your dog will crawl right into their sleeping bag and won’t kick it off in their sleep.
Keep Your Dog Warm
Many dogs can’t produce enough heat to keep themselves warm. This is especially true of breeds that have little fur and low body fat, including:
- Hairless breeds
They need something to keep them warm at night and dog sleeping bags are a perfect choice.
How to Choose the Best Sleeping Bags for Dogs
There are several factors to consider when you’re shopping for your dog’s sleeping bag:
- Find the Right Size. Dog sleeping bags aren’t one-size-fits-all. You’ll need to find the right size that’s snug enough but not too snug. Generally, they’re sized as small, medium, and large but be sure to read the fine print to learn the size dog they’ll accommodate.
- Material. You want a material that’s comfortable but not coarse or stiff. The outer layer is likely to be nylon, because of its waterproof qualities, but the inside could be cotton, polyfill, or another type of fluffy material.
- The Base of the Sleeping Bag. One of the biggest complaints about dog sleeping bags that don’t work correctly for a particular pooch is that the base of them are flimsy. Make sure the one you choose isn’t flimsy, overstuffed, or thing.
A dog sleeping bag may be just the dog accessory you need to keep your pet safe, comfortable, and nearby.